The Pennsylvania Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant (AFIG) Program Opens for 2020
The AFIG program will remain open continuously throughout the remainder of calendar year 2020.
All applications must be submitted online through DCED’s Electronic Single Application (ESA) system. http://www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/
Submission period end date is by 4:00 PM on December 11, 2020
AFIG can fund:
– Incremental costs to purchase and/or retrofit vehicles to operate on alternative fuels.
– Costs to purchase and install the necessary fleet refueling or home-refueling equipment for bi-fuel, dual-fuel, hybrid or dedicated vehicles.
– The cost to perform research, training, development, and demonstration of new applications or next-phase technology related to alternative fuel vehicles.
New Grant Funding Limitations:
- An application for Vehicle Purchase and/or Retrofit may not exceed $300,000
- Eligible vehicles include but are not limited to: Dedicated RNG, LNG or CNG vehicles, liquid propane gas, hydrogen, biodiesel (blends greater than B20), and electricity; no GVWR limits. Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles are not eligible for an AFIG Award, only Battery Electric Vehicles, including Neighborhood Electric Vehicles, are eligible.
- Vehicles must be purchased or converted within 12 months of the grant award date.
Priorities for funding:
1. Zero emission vehicle (ZEV) projects
2. Renewable natural gas (RNG) vehicle and infrastructure projects
3. Projects located in or predominantly serving environmental justice (EJ) areas (https://www.dep.pa.gov/PublicParticipation/OfficeofEnvironmentalJustice/Pages/PA-Environmental-Justice-Areas.aspx)
4. Publicly accessible alternative fuel refueling infrastructure projects
The program changes for the Vehicle Retrofit and Purchase projects category are:
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles are not eligible for an AFIG Award, only Battery Electric Vehicles are eligible for an AFIG award.
- Vehicle retrofits and conversions are only eligible for new vehicles.
- Extra consideration will be given to natural gas vehicle projects involving RNG